Lowered the 110 trap near the old sink – as I noticed that the brown mud trail was refreshed, and it seems to spew from under where the trap had been – so now it’s blocking the bottom of that hole – I’m betting I get something.
Also, regarding the reed hutch at the back NW corner of the pond – it had freshly gnawed roots laying on top of it – right next to a new opening into the top of the hutch – it’s big inside.
And … I noticed mud extruding from the outside of the bank within a few feet of the hutch – explored that – and it led into a tunnel in the bank.
So, someplace new to set some traps – and an improvement made to my last trap set. And, I’m getting better at reading muskrat signs – they’re days are numbered, perhaps.